Pregnancy is a beautiful experience that entails a lot of challenges. At this point, you are
probably thinking about doing baby shopping. Buying baby bath accessories in Malaysia is fun
and exciting, but you should also think about your own necessities. In order to maintain a healthy
pregnancy, you need to buy pregnancy essentials, and research on your condition.
Are you excited to give birth to your little one?
Make sure to prepare yourself this special
moment! You should know immediately if you are already in labor. See to it that you are familiar
with the different signs of labor, and what you must do once you experience them.
- Tightening or contractions
- Your waters are breaking
- When the plug of mucus from your cervix comes away
- There is an urge to go to the toilet, caused by the infant’s head pressing on your bowels
Call your maternity unit or midwife if:
- Your child is moving lesser than usual
- You are less than 37 weeks pregnant
- Your waters break
- You are bleeding
The beginning of a pregnant woman’s labor is called the latent phase. This is the time when the
cervix becomes thin and soft, and becomes opening for the child to be born. This process can
take several hours or days. During this time, you will probably be told to stay home.
Once you experience contraction, the womb tightens and relaxes. For some women, these
contractions feel like severe period pains. As the labor gets going, the contractions need to
become stronger, bigger and more frequent. Expect the pain to increase, and the muscles to
Put your hand to your abdomen. It will get harder, but once the muscles relax, the pain will fade,
and the hardness will ease.
How to cope with labor:
At the start of your labor, you can do the following:
- Try breathing and relaxation exercises.
- Have your birth partner to rub your back, in order to relieve the pain.
- Ask your physician if it’s safe for you to take paracetamol.
- Have warm baths.
- Walk around a lot.